Monday, January 11, 2010

Task 19 - YouTube

Like everyone else in the world I've whiled away many an hour on YouTube. Not for all that home video style content though but rather for tracking down long lost TV episodes, advertisements, documentaries, movie clips and music videos - you know what I mean, interesting stuff created by professionals, people with talent. This satirical news article from The Onion sums it up perfectly,

YouTube Contest Challenges Users To Make A 'Good' Video

Which interestingly, isn't a link from YouTube.

An interesting phenomenon on the rise is the statement - "no copyright infringement intended" - whenever a piece of pirated video is uploaded. I somehow suspect that such a disclaimer doesn't carry much legal weight.

YouTube is a great delivery method for library vodcasts. It is a familiar interface for users, easy to use and bypasses the need to store and deliver large video files from local servers and web interfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment